- About Us
- Medical School
- Graduate School
- Affiliated Hospitals
At our Rheumatology and Collagen Diseases Department, we treat a wide range of rheumatic and collagen diseases. In the collagen disease area, new medicines are frequently being introduced, dramatically improving treatment results. However, once the symptoms progress, treatment becomes more difficult. Therefore, enabling early treatment through early and accurate diagnosis is of the utmost importance. If you see any of the below signs or test results, we encourage you to quickly schedule a visit.
- Pain or hardness of joints continue for more than 3 weeks
- Tips of fingers turn white or purple when cold
- Fingers of both hands are swollen so that your rings no longer fit
- Both hands are swollen so that you cannot make a fist
- Rashes appear on separate places such as hands and face, and do not improve with topical creams
- Continuous rashes that are similar to mouth ulcers and acne
- Blood test results stated positive for rheumatoid factor or antinuclear antibody
- High inflammatory respose for blood tests but causes are unclear
disease is often accompanied by lesions and complications of skin, lungs, heart, and other organs such as digestive organs. We will treat your disease through close cooperation with related clinics.
Below are typical diseases that we treat.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Scleroderma (Systemic sclerosis, systemic scleroderma)
- Mixed connective tissue disease
- Behcet's disease
- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome
- Takayasu's arteritis (Aortitis syndrome, Takayasu's disease)
- Giant cell arteritis (Temporal arteritis)
- Multiple vasculitis granulomatous disease (Wegener's granulomatosis)
- Eosinophilic multiple vasculitis granulomatous disease
(Churg-Strauss syndrome, allergic granulomatous vasculitis)
- Microscopic polyangiitis
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
- Ankylosing spondylitis
Especially in the areas of Scleroderma and Mixed connective tissue disease, we have one of the best treatment results in the country, and favorable treatment results for pulmonary hypertension and interstitial lung disease (interstitial pneumonia) through cooperation with clinics of cardiology and respiratory medicine.